Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mortified


It has been one of those days.  I did something so embarrassing today that I want to go crawl under a rock and die.

You know how, back in the day when I was doing the personal training thing, I had to keep that food spreadsheet in order to track my calories?  Well, I kept it on my work desktop since, you know, I ate like all of my meals at work.

Well, in this new position I have been crafting detailed equipment orders and such for our office and finished a particularly long and time-consuming one today.  I developed a well-written (managerial, if you will) email to some of the higher-ups, attached the spreadsheet, and sent it off.

A few minutes later, I took a second look and realized that I had attached my frikkin' food calorie spreadsheet!  Oh my GAWDDDDDDDDDD.

Kill me now.  Just do it.  All of the email recipients are guys.  I could actually hear people laughing down the hall as they opened my message.  I burned.  Literally burned with humiliation.

The worst part?  Having to shoot off another email with the actual attachment.  I went for a mix of brief self-deprecation and humor, but in reality I soooooo don't want to go in the office and face those people tomorrow.

Thank you Lord Jesus that it will be Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to laugh at your expense, but I really need the laugh!

    ReplyDelete