Thursday, October 18, 2012

Life these days

Turns out I'm not crazy - the wind was part of a cold front that moved in over the mountains.  I spent yesterday grilling my coworkers who are from this area and they just shrugged it off.  So apparently 75 mph winds are par for the course here.  I was telling G, I don't think this is something that I can easily just get used to though.  I think for the first year or two, I may curl up in the bathtub with the rabbit and some quilts and just ride it out.  Tornados, people.  Tornados.

See, look - I wasn't kidding:





Otherwise, life these days is the same ol'.  I'm settling into a routine and the novelty is starting to wear off (which isn't a bad thing).  Still trying to get the apartment together - there is one crap room left to tackle:


And I have made this much progress so far:


It's all about the baby steps.

Unfortunately, whenever we start to clean out and organize one room, it wreaks chaos and madness upon the rest of the apartment.  There are now boxes everywhere and once again I'm sick of the sight of cardboard.



Apartment living is going really well, though.  I am getting used to the muffled (and sometimes not so muffled) sounds of other people around and of traffic down below.  I like being next to the park.  I like living in a place that someone else is ultimately responsible for.  It's funny; I spent so many years renting and thinking that it would be so much better to own.  And in many ways it is.  But the decreased level of responsibility in this place is nice.

However, I now have the smallest washing machine known to man:


Seriously, I feel like I do laundry all the time because I can only fit a pair of socks and like two shirts in there at the same time.  And it sounds like a jet taking off when it gets to the rinse cycle.  I was on the phone w/G the other night and he goes, what is that noise?  I was like, the (*&*^*&^(*& washing machine.  He thought it was a jet passing over.  I was like, right?????  It puts me on edge but what are you gonna do?

And I still love walking to work.  I have been taking in items for my office gradually.  Today's item is one of my diplomas and it will be bulky:


I am finally going to break down and do the "I love me wall" in my office.  Not because I want to show off diplomas & achievements, but because there is no room for them here!  So I might as well make a statement in the office and show that I'm here to stay, that I'm dedicated, that I'm settling in.

I am loving fall and it is speeding by.  G just made plans to come out here for Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to it just being the two of us.




Tomorrow is Friday!  Come, sweet end of the work week!

1 comment: