Monday, October 29, 2012

A different kind of Monday

G is going to walk in with me this morning and explore downtown while I get a little work done.  Then it's lunch together and an early afternoon walk back.  I could so get used to this.  With such strong ties to the East Coast - and with everything closed there - it makes for a calm Monday around here for us.  I'll take it and I'll be thankful.


This weekend we went to the best REI in the world and I stocked up on some much-needed supplies:


More Under Armor, snow boots & new hiking shoes.  With a new vest, some socks, and some power bars thrown in for good measure.  I didn't notice how worn down my current hiking shoes were until I put some new ones on and felt like I was walking on a cloud.  I was practically high-stepping around the store.

I could move in to REI, I'm telling you.  The one here has a bike trail outside for testing; an interior rock wall; they let you test out the kayaks on the river right by the store; and "freezers" to walk inside to test the winter gear.

And a Starbucks.

That did me in.

Hope all the East Coast peeps are battening down the hatches and staying safe!  I'll have a beer for you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment