Monday, October 1, 2012

Life these days


Does that make you want to melt into a puddle or what?  It's my new wallpaper on my phone and I just die when I look at it.  G says that she is feeling great and running all over the place, and she wears herself out and flops down to rest.  It kills me.  I miss my bun bun.

Want to see what my commute looks like these days?

Like this:


Plus, I just got P!nk's new album to listen to on the way to work, so I'll be bee-bopping along.  It's very good.  I heart me some P!nk.  I think if I were a tad more sarcastic, she and I would be peeps.  Along with Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica.

Today is October 1.  How did that happen?  This fall is going by so quickly.

Dinner at my college peep's house last night was so great.  You know how there are great friends that you meet in college, and they become part of the college "chapter" of your life, and you keep up with them consistently after that?  And you kind of grow up together?  SJ and I didn't get that experience.  We were extremely close during my first few years of school, but she was older (and started the whole moving-off-campus, getting-an-internship experience earlier than me) and this was before cell phones and we both moved all over the place during the last decade.  So, instead of keeping in touch and growing together, we totally fell out of touch.

Getting together with her was like walking through a door to 17 years ago.  Just like that.  It's so hilarious, the things about your personality that just don't change no matter what life throws at you.  I'm really glad that she lives only a few minutes away and that we have this chance to reconnect during such a different chapter of our lives.

This is SJ:



Otherwise, this is what my life looks like these days:


I would be just fine if I never saw another cardboard box as long as I live.  I'm in the process of tackling the bedroom and closet, which I would like to get done before G's next trip out here so that he and I can work on the library together.  Ughhhhh.

Happy Monday, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment