Monday, May 7, 2012

Random thoughts on a Monday

**I didn't get out of my pj's yesterday.  Like, at all.  I was super productive in the a.m. and then took a 3-hour nap in the p.m.  Ah, so nice.

**Here's an observation:  I work in a traditional office setting and my workspace gets lots of traffic.  In other words, I have various co-workers coming in and out of my office all day.  Which is an introvert's dream, let me tell you.  Also, I have kept a candy jar stocked for the past 2 years or so.  This is something I fill weekly, with all different types of candy - the good stuff: Snickers, Butterfingers, Kit Kats, Baby Ruths.  Not the crappy stuff:  Hershey's kisses, etc.  I buy this candy with my own money - there's no office fund set up, no co-worker contribution jar.  And I realize this is my own choice; no one is making me do this.  Several times each day people drop by, open the jar, and scoff if they don't like its contents.  Scoff!  Other times, someone will open it (keep in mind - it's right next to my desk) and if they see something they like, they might take two or three pieces.  This is something I only fill once a week (since I am, after all, paying for it out of my own pocket) and so there are times that the jar is almost empty by Tuesday afternoon.  Not once in the past two years has anyone brought candy for the jar or offered to contribute money to it.  But almost every week, someone will say, "You should get ----- next time," or "You know what type of candy you should get?"  It's interesting.  People are...interesting.

**Our anniversary is in a couple of weeks.  Already.  Eleven years.  I don't feel old enough to have been married that long.  In fact, I don't think I've ever done any one thing, consistently, for that long.  Other than school (K-12).  College was only a few years; all of my jobs have only lasted a handful of years each.

**My tattoo still surprises me.  I'll get a glimpse of it and think, WHAT IS THAT?  Oh yeah...

Happy Monday, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment